LenovoEMC Data Storage Solutions
Welcome to the LenovoEMC User Community!

As part of our change from Iomega to LenovoEMC, many of Iomega's systems will be shutdown. The Iomega User-to-User community will be shutdown on 11/23/2014.

The Network Storage forum will continue on http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Network-Storage/ct-p/Network_Storage. Since this is the new platform we would appreciate it if you would post your new topics on that forum instead.

Thank you for becoming part of the LenovoEMC User Community! These forums are provided by LenovoEMC™ Ltd. to allow you to get the answers you're looking for about Iomega products from other LenovoEMC customers.

Please Note: These forums are intended for user-to-user assistance, and while LenovoEMC monitors these forums for abuse, we encourage you to use our Contact Us page if you need a direct response to your question from an LenovoEMC Customer Support representative.

Forum FAQsForum FAQs   Search PostsSearch Posts   Member DirectoryMember Directory   UsergroupsUsergroups     Create a UsernameCreate a Username   Edit My ProfileEdit My Profile   Log inLog in 

Mac OS X Lion 10.7 Suppport - please
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    LenovoEMC User Community Forum Index -> Network Storage Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjt0

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 28 2011, 5:24am    Post subject: Mac OS X Lion 10.7 Suppport - please Reply with quote

AFP support needs to be updated... Lion 10.7 is out in July.
xmnj

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 28 2011, 12:07pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have asked for the same thing, but it feels like iomega pretty much abandoned some of their products.

http://www.iomegasupportforums.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=39768&highlight=lion
Feist

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 28 2011, 6:51pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the version of netatalk that supports AFP 3.3 is still in beta. I don't think there's any chance of the ix2 getting support until this is released.

http://netatalk.sourceforge.net/
Ralph (LenovoEMC)
Inactive Moderator
Inactive Moderator

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 29 2011, 10:51am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are actively testing our products with the developer version of this OS, and we will provide a compatibility list of what products are supported available when Lion actually launches in July.

Iomega and Apple are working on several issues, including Time Machine and Apple's new version of SMB. We fully expect that these issues will be resolved before 10.7 releases to the public.
dwfaust

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 20 2011, 10:47am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralph (Iomega) wrote:
We are actively testing our products with the developer version of this OS, and we will provide a compatibility list of what products are supported available when Lion actually launches in July.

Iomega and Apple are working on several issues, including Time Machine and Apple's new version of SMB. We fully expect that these issues will be resolved before 10.7 releases to the public.

Any update? OS X Lion was released today and still no update from iomega... Please???
Ralph (LenovoEMC)
Inactive Moderator
Inactive Moderator

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 20 2011, 10:52am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only information I have at the moment is that we are aware of an issue in regards to our network devices not being able to utilize Time Machine on 10.7 computers.

Iomega is currently working on updating Time Machine support for Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion). Your previous Time Machine backups will be temporarily inaccessible; the data, however, will be available with the next version of the StorCenter firmware and Storage Manager software.
dwfaust

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 20 2011, 11:01am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralph (Iomega) wrote:
The only information I have at the moment is that we are aware of an issue in regards to our network devices not being able to utilize Time Machine on 10.7 computers.

Iomega is currently working on updating Time Machine support for Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion). Your previous Time Machine backups will be temporarily inaccessible; the data, however, will be available with the next version of the StorCenter firmware and Storage Manager software.

I am more than mildly miffed that my $500+ NAS is completely unusable from my OS X Lion installation. It's very little comfort to know that my data "will be available" with the next version of the firmware - I wound not expect anything less... but surely Apple's release of OS X Lion is not a surprise - at least it should not be. (If it is, then I obviously misplaced my trust in iomega in the first place).

Do you have any idea when we can expect the firmware update to be released?
shamanskyh

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 20 2011, 11:13am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have also downloaded Lion today and I'm pretty upset that my expensive drive no longer works. Iomega seems to have claimed that they would work out all the kinks before Lion was released, but here we are on July 20th and there's still no solution.

I know that it was only released this morning, but with all the developer previews that were released, you'd think this wouldn't be an issue.

I hope Iomega makes this a top priority, as it will impact my decision on whether to purchase another Iomega drive in the future.
evil_noodles

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 20 2011, 11:16am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got my fingers crossed that this includes the Home Media Network Storage, as well as the new items.

I would love to be able to use my NAS again!

Keep us posted Smile
mcollette

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 24 2011, 5:50pm    Post subject: Still no update Reply with quote

Wow... October and still no update. My NAS is useless. Not buying iOmega again.

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 29 2011, 10:51am
We fully expect that these issues will be resolved before 10.7 releases to the public.
mister_nezo

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 10 2011, 12:22pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

Iomega support gave me a new release firmware to my storcenter ix2-200. This firmware allows to upgrade a storcenter ix2-200 to a storcenter ix2-200 "Cloud edition", and this "Cloud" edition is compliant to Time Machine in MacOs 10.7 Lion Smile

Thx to iomega support
smolz

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 11 2011, 10:38am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about us with the ix4-200d?
Ralph (LenovoEMC)
Inactive Moderator
Inactive Moderator

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 11 2011, 12:20pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have an ix4-200d you'll need to contact NAS phone support for further assistance. The number for North American support is 1800 940 6354.
smolz

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 17 2011, 9:50am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contacting support was completely worthless...

Response below:

Thank you for using Iomega's Online Support Services. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced using your Iomega product.

I am sorry about the issues you have had. The only thing that we can recommend for your device to work with Lion is to visit https://iomega-na-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28279/kw/Time%20machine and that should get the device working for you.

Your Reference ID is xxxxxx and you will need to quote this number in any further correspondence regarding this incident with Iomega customer support.

Be sure to check out our new Factory Outlet Store and receive up to 50% off a wide variety of Iomega products. You can access the store through our web site at Iomega.com.
Ralph (LenovoEMC)
Inactive Moderator
Inactive Moderator

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 17 2011, 12:57pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately at this time for the older Home Media Network Hard Drives we'll need to wait for a fix or try the Apple workarounds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LenovoEMC User Community Forum Index -> Network Storage Questions All times are GMT - 7 Hours (Mountain Time)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: